- Cooking Time: 60-75
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 25-30
BackstoryThis recipe is our yearly Christmas Day tradition. We switch up what we serve with it almost every year, but we ALWAYS have meat pie for Christmas Day dinner and everyone helps make it!
Submitted by: "Katie Bernier"
- 2 double pie crusts
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, halved
- 7-8 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 T. butter or margarine, slivered
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream (1/4 C each pie)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Gently press one of each crust into two pie pans.
- Begin layering crumble chunks of beef, then potato, onion, butter slivers, salt and pepper- then start again with beef, ending with salt, pepper and butter.
- Place the second layer of pie crust over the top and seal with a fork around the edge.
- Cut slits into the top of the crust and pour half the cream through the slits.
- Cover the edges in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and add remaining cream through the slits and bake for about 15-30 or until the potatoes are tender.