- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups suet (beef lard)
- 4 Cups flour
- TB Salt
- C 1 1/2 Cup water
- Mix and roll into 12balls. Refrigerate while you prepare the middle.
- Dice up Potatoes, petite sirloin and round steak into 3/4" cubes, carrots dices a bit smaller to get dones in the same time. Dice onions pretty big, add Spinach. I like it to be 1/4 meat, 1/4 potatoes, 1/4 onions, and 1/4 carrots, with a few handfuls of spinach thrown in. TB salt and 2 tsp black pepper (I'm guessing).
- Roll out balls of dough into circles. Place 2 handfuls or so of filler in one half and fold the other half over, fold and form like a pie crust edge. Poke with a fork a couple of times to let the air out. Place on a flour dusted cookie sheet.
- 350 for umm 45 minutes I think. They should get a golden color on top.
NotesThese are so yummy. They can be frozen and microwaved for lunch (although they are better heated in an oven). One thing - they taste so good because of the lard! You may have to shop around to find, it - a real butcher will have some.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Adventures in CookingSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More