- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups suet (beef lard)
- 4 Cups flour
- TB Salt
- C 1 1/2 Cup water
- Mix and roll into 12balls. Refrigerate while you prepare the middle.
- Dice up Potatoes, petite sirloin and round steak into 3/4" cubes, carrots dices a bit smaller to get dones in the same time. Dice onions pretty big, add Spinach. I like it to be 1/4 meat, 1/4 potatoes, 1/4 onions, and 1/4 carrots, with a few handfuls of spinach thrown in. TB salt and 2 tsp black pepper (I'm guessing).
- Roll out balls of dough into circles. Place 2 handfuls or so of filler in one half and fold the other half over, fold and form like a pie crust edge. Poke with a fork a couple of times to let the air out. Place on a flour dusted cookie sheet.
- 350 for umm 45 minutes I think. They should get a golden color on top.
NotesThese are so yummy. They can be frozen and microwaved for lunch (although they are better heated in an oven). One thing - they taste so good because of the lard! You may have to shop around to find, it - a real butcher will have some.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More