- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 8 redskin potatoes, halved
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-oz. pkg. mushrooms, halved
- 3 onions, halved
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 c. apple juice
- 10-1/2 oz. can beef broth
- 6-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- Cook beef, bacon and chopped onion in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 2 to 2-1/2 hour, stirring occasionally, until beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard bay leaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More