- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYAY! I finally found a stroganoff recipe that doesn't have mushrooms or cream of mushroom soup! I like mushrooms but my hubby and kids do not!
This dish was so creamy and delicious! Easy and quick to make, you bet! I will tell you how good this was! By the time I loaded my pictures onto the computer which wasn't long, hubby and kids had gobbled their dinner down by the time I returned to the dinning room! WHAT! I asked if they liked it and I got a resounding YES! They requested it on the menu again soon and I agree!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) bag of frozen meatballs, about 25 meatballs
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano, or to taste
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heaving whipping cream
- 3 cups dry wide egg noodles
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and add meatballs. Cook meatballs until browned and done, 15 minutes or so. I covered my skillet with a lid.
- While meatballs are cooking, in a seperate pot, boil noodles until they are still a bit al dente and drain.
- Add beef broth and spices, mixing well and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced a little.
- Add sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Mix well. Everything will start to thicken up at this point.
- Add cooked and drained noddles and mix well.
- Simmer everything together 2-3 minutes. You don't want to simmer to long as the noddles start soaking up the delicious, creamy sauce.