- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThanks to my friend Lana (bblues) for finding this recipe!
Holy Moly, this made my house smell like an Italian restaurant! I knew from the smell this was going to be an awesome dinner!
I bought Barilla Marinara and it is the best I've tasted yet! It had a sweet touch to it and was out of this world good! Garlic toast had a nice crunch to it even after baking, which I wasn't sure about! Make sure to get the garlic toast a little crunchy when you are baking it alone in the 1st step!
As we were having dinner I had this idea of making this a Spaghetti & Meatball Casserole by adding some marinara to some cooked spaghetti and layering it on top of the chesse mixture/garlic toasts and then the meatballs, rest of the marinara and cheese! Who doesn't love spaghetti & meatballs with garlic toast, right? What do you think?
- 1 box or bag frozen garlic toasts (8 toasts)
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (0.7 ounce) packet Dry Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound bag fully cooked frozen meatballs, slightly thawed
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven according to package directions for garlic toast. Place garlic toasts on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until they edges just start to toast a bit. Remove from oven.
- Make sure oven is now set to 350°
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, Italian seasoning and 1½ cups mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture over toasted bread slices. I found this easy to do with a spatula and my fingers.
- Place meatballs over the cream cheese bread slices. Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Sprinkle remaining 1½ cups cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes until bubbly and meatballs are cooked through.