- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrom Rachel Ray's Yum-o
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 pound ground chicken or turkey breast
- 3 Tablespoons parmagiano regiano cheese
- 3 Tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup orzo
- Heat oil in medium pot over medium heat.
- Saute onions and carrots for 5 minutes, then add stock and bring to a boil.
- In a medium bowl mix the meat with the cheese, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- If the mixture is too moist add a few more bread crumbs.
- When the broth comes to a boil, roll the meat mixture into 1 inch balls and drop into the broth.
- Stir in the orzo and cook for 7-8 minutes or until tender.
- Makes about 6 cups