- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs -- beaten
- 1 small yellow onion - chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley -- minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil -- minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly by hand or with Kitchen Aid.
- Roll into 2-3 inch balls.
- Do not make balls too firm.
- Add olive oil to a pan and saute at medium temp until done; or pour olive oil in a baking dish and place meatballs on top, coat meatballs in oil and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn meatballs after 30 minutes and then every 15 minutes.
- This will give the meatballs a brown and crispy exterior.
- Don't overcook.
NotesI usually make enough to have meatball sandwiches later.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More