- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 13/4 pounds meatloaf mix (see note)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Bring water to boil in a small skillet. Add carrot and celery. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place meatloaf on foil-lined baking sheet. Form into a bone shape measuring approximately 9 inches long by 5 inches wide by 1 1/2 inches high. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes. If desired, spread additional ketchup or mild barbecue sauce on top of meatloaf, pipe mashed potatoes around the lower edge, and garnish with a cheese slice cutout.
- Makes 1 meatloaf.
- Note: A combination of ground beef, pork and veal (or chicken or turkey).
NotesThis recipe is from "The Good Food Cookbook for Dogs" by Donna Twichell Roberts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
A Falcon FeastSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More