- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko Crispy Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from a jar)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (0.7 ounce) packet dry Italian Dressing Seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (from green container)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-3/4 cups of your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon oregano, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, Italian Dressing seasoning mix, 3/4 cup of spaghetti or marinara sauce, 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Combine well but don't over work the meat.
- Place in loaf pan and bake 1 hour. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and drain grease from pan.
- Add remaining spaghetti or marinara sauce and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup parmesan shredded cheese and the 1-1/2 cups Italian cheese blend. Use the shredded parmesan first and then the Italian cheese blend. Sprinkle with oregano if desired.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
NotesOk, so I love my original Awesome Sauce Meatloaf that I've made for years and wouldn't trade it for anything but I just couldn't pass up trying this Meatloaf Parmesan! Well this meatloaf sure gives my original a run for it's money! All I can say is AMAZING! I thought my DH was going to eat the whole meatloaf! I asked him which one he liked best and he said they are a tie!
I saw an idea for this meatloaf when I was looking for gluten free recipes for a friend of mine! The picture was mouth watering and I knew I could change this recipe up to our liking which we don't have to eat gluten free!