- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 10 saltines, crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Non-stick spray
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all the ingredients using your hands until they just come together.
- Form into a flat loaf shape, about 1 inch thick and place on a baking pan with sides (to catch any grease) that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Spread the ketchup over the top and sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Variation: Add one small bell pepper, diced, to the mix
NotesThis is another comfort food recipe. You can top it with barbecue sauce instead of ketchup if you like. My husband insists that saltines are the key to a good meatloaf texture, and I'm inclined to agree =)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More