- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded, small diced (I used a fresh banana pepper)
- 1 onion, diced (I used a large sweet Wala Wala onion)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoons (about 3 cloves) chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs (I used egg whites)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt (Fleur de sel with herbs de Provence)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 strips of bacon
- 3 prunes
- 1/4 teaspoon Anjou, pasilla or similar chili powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in large saute pan.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk
- Saute onion, garlic, pepper and carrot until onions are soft and clear, about 5 minutes.
- Cover pan and simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes until carrot is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add Worchester sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In blender, blend bacon and prunes together and add to mixture.
- Mix together with ground beef and pork in large bowl with egg and parsley and cheese.
- Grease loaf pan or casserole dish with oil or butter.
- Pack mixture into loaf pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with chili power.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until internal temp is 155 F.
NotesI bought some great organic grass-fed and wine fed lean ground beef that I wanted to make some meatloaf with so I looked around here and picked a few recipes to amalgamate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Short & SweetSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More