- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded, small diced (I used a fresh banana pepper)
- 1 onion, diced (I used a large sweet Wala Wala onion)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoons (about 3 cloves) chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs (I used egg whites)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt (Fleur de sel with herbs de Provence)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 strips of bacon
- 3 prunes
- 1/4 teaspoon Anjou, pasilla or similar chili powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Heat oil in large saute pan.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk
- Saute onion, garlic, pepper and carrot until onions are soft and clear, about 5 minutes.
- Cover pan and simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes until carrot is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add Worchester sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In blender, blend bacon and prunes together and add to mixture.
- Mix together with ground beef and pork in large bowl with egg and parsley and cheese.
- Grease loaf pan or casserole dish with oil or butter.
- Pack mixture into loaf pan or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with chili power.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until internal temp is 155 F.
NotesI bought some great organic grass-fed and wine fed lean ground beef that I wanted to make some meatloaf with so I looked around here and picked a few recipes to amalgamate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More