- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage or 2-3 hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 can (3 oz) tomato paste
- 1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1-2 bay leaves
- oregano, to taste
- basil, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the sausage and ground beef, crumbling and browning. Drain.
- Add the remaning ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer covered (or uncovered, for a slightly thicker sauce) for an hour or longer.
- (After you have combined all the ingredients, you can use your crockpot to finish the sauce. I left it on low about 4 or 5 hours and it's delicious!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Fun appetizers and snacks
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More