- Cooking Time: 1-2 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 3 tomatoes or 1 medium can of tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Season Salt
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 can of dark kidney beans
- 2 large yellow onions
- 2 large green bell peppers
- Brown ground beef and thoroughly cook ground pork.
- Drain and transfer meat to a large cooking pot.
- Ensure the pot is deep.
- Add kidney beans, chopped onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes to pot.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to pot.
- Place on medium-high heat and stir occasionally.
- After cooking for approximately 20 minutes, add chili powder, black pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes before tasting.
- Re-season to taste.
- Add Cayenne pepper for heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 to 45 minutes stirring occasionally and taste frequently and add seasoning for desired taste.
- ***Note: if too much seasoning is added, add ½ cup of water with 2 additional chopped tomatoes at a time until chili is evened out
- Cook for approximately 1 ½ hours total before serving.
NotesCompliments of my sister.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More