- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO-extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound bulk sweet or Hot Itilian sausage (I use the Hot Itilian)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I use 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound pepperoni, remove from casing and chopped
- 1 (14oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained well
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano OR Pecorino Romano cheese, a generous handful
- Ritz Crackers
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat,Add EVOO and brown the sausage then add garlic and onions and cook until onions are tender.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Warm the pepperoni in the same pan then add back the sausage mixture.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the bottom of a casserole. Sprinkle the tomatoes over the meat. Top the tomatoes with Both the cheeses.
- Place the casserole under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with crackers for dipping.
- Makes 4 cups
NotesThis is one of Racheal Rays Recipes and it's so good I had to share incase someone didn't have it. I usually make it for Family game or movie nite. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More