- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis is a recipe that I adapted from 'Country Woman' Magazine.
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat; add the ground beef, onion and green pepper; cook until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.