- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy grandma taught me this and ever since then, its always at the table on special gatherings...
- 1 kg. beef top round, whole
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 pieces potato, quartered fried
- 1 carrot, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 lime, sliced with rind
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. Peppercorns, crushed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1. Brown meat in cooking oil, set aside.
- 2. In the same oil, sauté garlic and onion. Put in lime, soy, pepper, tomato sauce, bay leaf and salt. Simmer for 3-5min.
- 3. Add meat and water. Cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- 4. Add potatoes and carrot. When vegetables are done, slice meat. Arrange on a platter with vegetables. Strain sauce and pout over meat.