- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 kg. beef top round, whole
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 pieces potato, quartered fried
- 1 carrot, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 lime, sliced with rind
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. Peppercorns, crushed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1. Brown meat in cooking oil, set aside.
- 2. In the same oil, sauté garlic and onion. Put in lime, soy, pepper, tomato sauce, bay leaf and salt. Simmer for 3-5min.
- 3. Add meat and water. Cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- 4. Add potatoes and carrot. When vegetables are done, slice meat. Arrange on a platter with vegetables. Strain sauce and pout over meat.
NotesMy grandma taught me this and ever since then, its always at the table on special gatherings...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More