- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup Farro (Can be found at most specialty grocers or Italian markets)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 TBS Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Asparagus (just the tips)
- 1 cup Spring Peas (shelled)
- 1 Ear of Sweet Corn (Husked and Taken Off Cob, Raw)
- ¾ Cup Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- ¼ cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (chopped)
- 10 Mint leaves (Julienned)
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 10 Raw Large Shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- ½ TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TBS. Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Unsalted Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed into a paste)
- 1 Lemon (zest ½ tsp., and juice entire lemon)
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper (freshly ground)
- ¼ cup of Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Soak Farro for 4-6 hours, or even overnight in a large covered bowl with water.
- Bring Farro, water and salt to a boil in a medium sauce pan, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and drain. Place in a large serving bowl.
- While Farro is cooking, prepare vegetables; heat olive oil and sauté asparagus and peas for 5 minutes, remove from heat and add corn, tomatoes, chopped olives and mint, set aside.
- Rinse Shrimp and pat dry. Heat a sauté pan, add ½ TBS. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Brush shrimp with yogurt and season with Salt/Pepper; Sauté for 5 minutes (2 ½ minutes per side).
- Next prepare sauce, combine olive oil and butter in a sauce pan until melted, then add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Continue to add remaining sauce ingredients, while gently stirring mixture. Pour mixture over Farro and mix to fully incorporate. Next, add the vegetables and carefully mix, then top with shrimp and either place the salad in the refrigerator or serve warm!
NotesThis dish is packed with flavor but not the fat; it’s a whole grain salad that incorporates fresh spring vegetables!
The salad can be served chilled or at room temperature, making it the perfect picnic partner or lunch buddy. Pairs well with a wine that has tropical or citrus aromas, such as Sauvignon Blanc or a Spanish Albariño!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More