- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine leaves
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette
- Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 20 to 22 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F). Thinly slice steak.
- Divide romaine among 4 dinner plates. Top with sliced meat, red onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar combine 1/4 cup olive oil; 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel; 3 tablespoons lemon juice; 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed; and 2 cloves garlic, minced. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More