- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or lamb
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large pickle sliced thinly in rounds
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 8 hamburger buns, (split and lightly toasted)
- 1/2 cup Sabra Hummus (choose your favorite style)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ground beef or lamb, spices, lemon juice and egg. With wet hands shape into 8, 3½ inch diameter, patties.
- In a large grill pan, warm 3 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Grill burgers until nicely browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place the bottom of the buns on plates. Spread a layer of hummus on the bun. Top with burger, sliced pickles, lettuce and sliced tomato. Spread more hummus on top of the bun.
- Then press on the bun tops and enjoy.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Simple Homemade Favorites
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More