- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves- cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion -- chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper -- cut in strips
- 2 cloves garlic -- pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 of a package frozen artichoke hearts- thawed and halved
- 1/2 of a 14.5-oz. can chicken broth, plus 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat half the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken (salting and peppering to taste) till browned on both sides, about 5 minutes each side. Take out of the skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet and heat up again. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper. Cook until wilted and onion is translucent. Add oregano, crushed red pepper and give it a stir.
- Remove from skillet also.
- Add vinegar to the bottom of the skillet and heat. Scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet with a wire whisk until the vinegar has nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and water to skillet, chicken and onion mixture and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce has thickened,
- about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with sauce and crumbled feta cheese on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More