- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryServed at Sandrine's CC in September 2011
- 4 ounces manchego cheese, chopped
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon (1 1/2 tsp.)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 cup cherry or grape
- tomatoes, each cut into quarters (8 oz.)
- 2 bunches arugula or 1 (5 oz.) box baby arugula, cleaned and patted dry
- Toss cheese, chickpeas, mint, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest together in a medium bowl; season with salt to taste. Set mixture aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Add lemon juice and tomatoes to cheese-chickpea mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Divide arugula among 4 individual serving plates and spoon marinated cheese mixture on top. Grind freshly cracked black pepper directly over each salad. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.