- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 ounces manchego cheese, chopped
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon (1 1/2 tsp.)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 cup cherry or grape
- tomatoes, each cut into quarters (8 oz.)
- 2 bunches arugula or 1 (5 oz.) box baby arugula, cleaned and patted dry
- Toss cheese, chickpeas, mint, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest together in a medium bowl; season with salt to taste. Set mixture aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Add lemon juice and tomatoes to cheese-chickpea mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Divide arugula among 4 individual serving plates and spoon marinated cheese mixture on top. Grind freshly cracked black pepper directly over each salad. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
NotesServed at Sandrine's CC in September 2011
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce