- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis makes large portions. I would say at least 4 as a main dish served over greens, 8 servings as a side dish. Very fresh tasting. Good way to use your Aerogarden herbs, if you own one.
From Meralen McAllister in Ft. Worth, published in the Ft. Wort Star-Telegram.
Nutrition based on 4 servings: 430 cal, 17 g fat, 56 g carbs, 16 g protein, 17 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 35% calories from fat
- 3/4 C vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 C uncooked couscous
- 2 T olive oil
- 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 10 oz can Rotel, drained
- 1/2 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 C toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 C pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 T chopped fresh mint
- 2 T copped fresh parsley
- Romaine or baby spinach greens (optional)
- Bring broth to boil in a saucepan; stir in couscous.
- Cover, return to a boil and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and fluff with a fork.
- Let cool.
- Combine couscous and all other ingredients except lettuce or spinach, tossing gently.
- Serve over lettuce or spinach, if desired.