- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 servings
- 1 eggplant, sliced in 1/2 " slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg white, beaten (you may need more if you have a large eggplant)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (prefer white)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese (can omit, to make healthier)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 green onions
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush eggplant slices evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Remove from oven, and finely dice the eggplant slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped eggplant pieces with the garlic, egg whites, parmesan, feta, breadcrumbs, basil and parsley and green onions.
- Add the salt and pepper in quantities at your discretion.
- Mix everything well and place in the refrigerator 20min to firm up.
- (Note: add this stage you may adjust the mixture by adding more breadcrumbs if it does not hold well together).
- Divide the mixture into 6-8 equal portions, and shape into a flattened ball.
- Coat with flour.
- Fry the fritters in shallow oil for 2 mins on either side, till they are golden brown.
- Serve with a salad, lemon wedges and a yoghurt sauce to dip into, if preferred
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More