- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (5-1/2- to 6-pound) rolled boned leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups dry red wine, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Unroll roast; trim fat.
- Spread minced rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic into folds of the roast.
- Add feta cheese. Reroll roast; secure at 3-inch intervals with heavy string.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Secure rosemary sprigs under strings on roast.
- Place roast on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast.
- Bake at 400Â°F for 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 425'F (do not remove roast from oven).
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 140'F (medium-rare) to 155'F (medium).
- Place roast on a platter; cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes for roast to reabsorb juices. (Temperature of roast will increase 5'F upon standing.) Remove string and rosemary sprigs before slicing.
- Remove rack from pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup wine and cornstarch; set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to drippings in pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine drippings mixture and 1 cup wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and cornstarch mixture; return to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve with lamb.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More