- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (5-1/2- to 6-pound) rolled boned leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups dry red wine, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Unroll roast; trim fat.
- Spread minced rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic into folds of the roast.
- Add feta cheese. Reroll roast; secure at 3-inch intervals with heavy string.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Secure rosemary sprigs under strings on roast.
- Place roast on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast.
- Bake at 400Â°F for 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 425'F (do not remove roast from oven).
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or until thermometer registers 140'F (medium-rare) to 155'F (medium).
- Place roast on a platter; cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes for roast to reabsorb juices. (Temperature of roast will increase 5'F upon standing.) Remove string and rosemary sprigs before slicing.
- Remove rack from pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup wine and cornstarch; set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup wine to drippings in pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits.
- Combine drippings mixture and 1 cup wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and cornstarch mixture; return to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve with lamb.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More