- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI got this from a friend some time ago. It is a fast and easy recipe and is wonderful. It can quickly become a standby. Great for a party
- 1 pound tricolor fusili pasta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 2 large pickled pepperoncini peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons halved black olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in enough of the oil to make a smooth dressing; season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, onion, pepperoncini, olives and oregano in a bowl. Add the cooked pasta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add the vinaigrette and both cheeses and toss. Chill until ready to serve.