- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups green beans (1/2 pound)
- 5 cups red potatoes (10 medium), cubed
- 1 (2-1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons freshly-ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Clean beans, snap off ends and break into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan over high heat, blanch beans for 5 minutes, until bright green.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In a large stockpot over high heat, boil potatoes in lightly salted water for 10 to 15 minutes until tender (do not peel).
- Cool and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, potatoes, olives, capers, parsley, dill, pepper, salt, lemon juice and olive oil and toss.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 1/2 hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More