MEDITERRANEAN QUICK BREAD
Mediterranean Quick Bread
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cups AP Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Aluminum free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried Dill weed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1/4 cup high quality Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (or Oil Cured Italian Olives); Chopped
- (optional) 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil together.
Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine with a few quick strokes.
Don't worry about lumps, this is a muffin method bread.
Fold in Olives just until combined.
Spread batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes before unmolding and cooling completely.
It is also quite delicious smeared with a mild chevre or a thick yogurt cheese and served as a side with Lentil Stew.