- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cups AP Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Aluminum free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried Dill weed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1/4 cup high quality Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (or Oil Cured Italian Olives); Chopped
- (optional) 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil together.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine with a few quick strokes.
- Don't worry about lumps, this is a muffin method bread.
- Fold in Olives just until combined.
- Spread batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before unmolding and cooling completely.
NotesThis is one of my favorite quick breads, mainly because it contains Kalamata olives, but also because it is made with olive oil. Because of this, you can subtly change the flavor depending on what olive oil you use. This is also quite delicious with almonds mixed into the batter.
It is also quite delicious smeared with a mild chevre or a thick yogurt cheese and served as a side with Lentil Stew.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More