- Servings: 4 - 6
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 head garlic, whole head, peeled, crushed, and chopped fine
- 1 cup green onions, bulbs and stems chopped coarse
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, skin seeds and pith removed and
- cut into thin strips
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, fresh ripe peeled and cut up with their juice
- 1 cup parsley, flat leafed, Italian, with stems (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, fresh and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted, crushed and chopped coarse
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2-3 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
In a large skillet or deep fast fry pan, melt butter; be careful it does not burn.
Saute the garlic; when golden in colour, remove from heat and set aside for later use.
Add onions, saute until just softened; remove from heat and set aside for later use.
Add plum tomatoes with their juice; lemon juice, white wine; bring to a boil.
Add onion and garlic which you had set aside.
Add roasted Red Bell Peppers.
Turn down heat and allow liquid to reduce.
Add Fresh Herbs (parsley, oregano, basil).
Add Shrimp and steam until pink.
Add capers and olives; allowing them to warm through.
Turn out onto a warm platter or serving bowl -- garnish with lemon wedges, and serve while hot.