- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails on
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 head garlic, whole head, peeled, crushed, and chopped fine
- 1 cup green onions, bulbs and stems chopped coarse
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, skin seeds and pith removed and
- cut into thin strips
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, fresh ripe peeled and cut up with their juice
- 1 cup parsley, flat leafed, Italian, with stems (chopped fine)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, fresh and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted, crushed and chopped coarse
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2-3 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- In a large skillet or deep fast fry pan, melt butter; be careful it does not burn.
- Saute the garlic; when golden in colour, remove from heat and set aside for later use.
- Add onions, saute until just softened; remove from heat and set aside for later use.
- Add plum tomatoes with their juice; lemon juice, white wine; bring to a boil.
- Add onion and garlic which you had set aside.
- Add roasted Red Bell Peppers.
- Turn down heat and allow liquid to reduce.
- Add Fresh Herbs (parsley, oregano, basil).
- Add Shrimp and steam until pink.
- Add capers and olives; allowing them to warm through.
- Turn out onto a warm platter or serving bowl -- garnish with lemon wedges, and serve while hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More