- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 yellow squash
- a little olive oil
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley or additional basil for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Wash and scrub the squash, and then cut lengthwise. Scoop out the "meat" of the squash, chop it, and put it in a bowl. To the bowl, add the sundried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the outside of the squash with a little olive oil (or spray with a Misto) and sprinkle the insides lightly with salt and pepper. Fill the zucchini with the mixture from the bowl. Drizzle each piece with a little balsamic vinegar. Top with the crumbled goat cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is warm.
NotesThese are also posted on my blog: http://ellysaysopa.vox.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More