- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 yellow squash
- a little olive oil
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley or additional basil for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Wash and scrub the squash, and then cut lengthwise. Scoop out the "meat" of the squash, chop it, and put it in a bowl. To the bowl, add the sundried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the outside of the squash with a little olive oil (or spray with a Misto) and sprinkle the insides lightly with salt and pepper. Fill the zucchini with the mixture from the bowl. Drizzle each piece with a little balsamic vinegar. Top with the crumbled goat cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is warm.
NotesThese are also posted on my blog: http://ellysaysopa.vox.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More