- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 Red Pepper cut into thin slices, 1 Green pepper cut into thin slices, 1 onion cut into thin slices, 1 packet taco/burrito seasoning, Mexican taco cheese, Carlina Black Beans and Rice w/seasonings, burrito wraps, 2 tbps butter, 3 tbsp vegetable oil, Salsa, Sour Cream
- 1. Prepare rice and beans as directed.
- 2. In seperate pan place peppers and onions, oil and entire packet of taco seasoning.
- 3. Add 1-2 Tbsp water. Simmer.
- 4. Once rice is done and peppers/onions are tender, you will begin to assemble the burritos.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6. Place a layer of cheese onto each burrito wrap then a spoonful of rice/bean mixture, a spoonful of pepper/onion mixture, and a spoon of salsa.
- 7. Wrap up and place seam side down on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- 8. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 9, Serve with additional salsa and sour cream
- Amy's variation is to cook beef or chicken strips and add them to the burritos for those meat lovers.
NotesMy aunt/best friend Melanie created these as a healthier alternative to the refried bean/meat laden burritos that you see the most recipes for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More