- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 Red Pepper cut into thin slices, 1 Green pepper cut into thin slices, 1 onion cut into thin slices, 1 packet taco/burrito seasoning, Mexican taco cheese, Carlina Black Beans and Rice w/seasonings, burrito wraps, 2 tbps butter, 3 tbsp vegetable oil, Salsa, Sour Cream
- 1. Prepare rice and beans as directed.
- 2. In seperate pan place peppers and onions, oil and entire packet of taco seasoning.
- 3. Add 1-2 Tbsp water. Simmer.
- 4. Once rice is done and peppers/onions are tender, you will begin to assemble the burritos.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 6. Place a layer of cheese onto each burrito wrap then a spoonful of rice/bean mixture, a spoonful of pepper/onion mixture, and a spoon of salsa.
- 7. Wrap up and place seam side down on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- 8. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 9, Serve with additional salsa and sour cream
- Amy's variation is to cook beef or chicken strips and add them to the burritos for those meat lovers.
NotesMy aunt/best friend Melanie created these as a healthier alternative to the refried bean/meat laden burritos that you see the most recipes for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More