- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups shortening
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Mint Topping:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp creme de menthe (green)
- Chocolate Topping:
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper.
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cocoa until well mixed & remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into lined pan & bake for 30 minutes or until top springs back lightly when touched.
- While baking, prepare mint topping (as below).
- Cool completely then spread with mint topping.
- Chill until mint topping is set.
- While chilling prepare chocolate topping (as below).
- Pour chocolate topping over brownies.
- Cover & chill for at least 1 hour before cutting & serving.
- For Mint Topping:
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, butter and crème de menthe. Beat until smooth.
- For Chocolate Topping:
- Melt butter & chocolate chips in a water bath. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly before spreading over brownies.
NotesThese take a wee bit of time, but are totally worth the wait!
If you like Andes mint chocolates you'll LOVE these brownies!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More