- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups shortening
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Mint Topping:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp creme de menthe (green)
- Chocolate Topping:
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9x13" pan with parchment paper.
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cocoa until well mixed & remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into lined pan & bake for 30 minutes or until top springs back lightly when touched.
- While baking, prepare mint topping (as below).
- Cool completely then spread with mint topping.
- Chill until mint topping is set.
- While chilling prepare chocolate topping (as below).
- Pour chocolate topping over brownies.
- Cover & chill for at least 1 hour before cutting & serving.
- For Mint Topping:
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, butter and crème de menthe. Beat until smooth.
- For Chocolate Topping:
- Melt butter & chocolate chips in a water bath. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly before spreading over brownies.
NotesThese take a wee bit of time, but are totally worth the wait!
If you like Andes mint chocolates you'll LOVE these brownies!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cooking with Sabra
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More