- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large eggplant (you need 1 lb of roasted flesh)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 TB Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Scallion, finely minced (White and light green parts)
- 2 TB Italian Parsley; Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice eggplant in half, lengthwise.
- Lay slices side down on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for about 40-50 minutes depending on the size of the eggplant, the flesh should be soft… just like roasting a squash.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh and place it in a food processor.
- Add the Garlic, garbanzos, lemon juice, tahini dill weed and salt.
- Process until smooth, but thick.
- Remove mixture from food processor to a work bowl, and incorporate the olive oil slowly, by hand.
- Fold in the minced scallions.
- Smear onto a small plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with warmed flat bread and/or vegetables or just eat it with a spoon like I do…
NotesThis is a Greek version of Baba Ghanoush (Which I believe is Lebanese or Syrian)... Otherwise known as Eggplant Hummus.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More