- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large eggplant (you need 1 lb of roasted flesh)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 TB Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Scallion, finely minced (White and light green parts)
- 2 TB Italian Parsley; Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice eggplant in half, lengthwise.
- Lay slices side down on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for about 40-50 minutes depending on the size of the eggplant, the flesh should be soft… just like roasting a squash.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh and place it in a food processor.
- Add the Garlic, garbanzos, lemon juice, tahini dill weed and salt.
- Process until smooth, but thick.
- Remove mixture from food processor to a work bowl, and incorporate the olive oil slowly, by hand.
- Fold in the minced scallions.
- Smear onto a small plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with warmed flat bread and/or vegetables or just eat it with a spoon like I do…
NotesThis is a Greek version of Baba Ghanoush (Which I believe is Lebanese or Syrian)... Otherwise known as Eggplant Hummus.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More