- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50
- Preparation Time:
- Cookie Dough
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 cups honey
- 1/2 lb. walnuts, crushed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just incorporated. Add the oil and orange juice, mixing until smooth and combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. If necessary, add more flour to make a workable dough. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Roll cookies into oval shapes with the palm of your hand and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Press the cookies down slightly with your fingertips, and then prick them with a fork several times. Bake the cookies for about 35 minutes or until done. Set aside to cool completely.
- To dip the cookies:
- Mix the walnuts, cinnamon and cloves together in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, start making your syrup. Bring the water, honey and sugar to a boil in a large sauce or saute pan (I like using a high saute pan, the bigger surface area across will let you dip more cookies at once). After it has boiled, turn burner to low, just to keep the syrup warm.
- In batches, dunk the cookies in the honey syrup. Leave them in there for about 40-50 seconds or so, before removing them with a slotted spatula and placing them on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Top the dipped cookies with the walnut mixture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More