- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small green Galia melon
- 1 small orange Cantaloupe melon
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup yoghurt, neutral
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 carlic clove, squeezed
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, set some aside for decoration
- 1 red chili, chopped fine
- 2 chicken filets
- 12 scampi
- 2 ss chili sauce
- Slice the melons in half, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Make some nice balls with a tool for this. Hollow out the rest of the melons and run through a blender with the other ingredients, then leave it all in the fridge an hour or two, including the melon shells.
- Divide the chicken in bits thick as the scampi and thread them on the spits. Brush them with the chili sauce. Place the spits on doubled up, greased/sprayed aluminium foil and grill 3 minutes on either side, brush them from time to time with more chili sauce.
- Take out the soup and strain it cold from the fridge with the spits on top, decorated with melon balls and the leftover mint leaves.
NotesI found this in a Norwegian newspaper, and it simply cannot be improved, or? This is a soup served in a hollowed-out melon. It takes app. 30 minutes prepare + 1 hour chilling. You will need fresh lime leaves plus a tool to make the melon balls.