- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small green Galia melon
- 1 small orange Cantaloupe melon
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup yoghurt, neutral
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 carlic clove, squeezed
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, set some aside for decoration
- 1 red chili, chopped fine
- 2 chicken filets
- 12 scampi
- 2 ss chili sauce
- Slice the melons in half, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Make some nice balls with a tool for this. Hollow out the rest of the melons and run through a blender with the other ingredients, then leave it all in the fridge an hour or two, including the melon shells.
- Divide the chicken in bits thick as the scampi and thread them on the spits. Brush them with the chili sauce. Place the spits on doubled up, greased/sprayed aluminium foil and grill 3 minutes on either side, brush them from time to time with more chili sauce.
- Take out the soup and strain it cold from the fridge with the spits on top, decorated with melon balls and the leftover mint leaves.
NotesI found this in a Norwegian newspaper, and it simply cannot be improved, or? This is a soup served in a hollowed-out melon. It takes app. 30 minutes prepare + 1 hour chilling. You will need fresh lime leaves plus a tool to make the melon balls.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More