- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- colored or granulated sugar, if desired
- Cream butter until light and fluffy; beat in salt, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend in confectioners' sugar then
- sifted flour.
- Chill for about 1 hour, or until dough is easier to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Shape dough into rolls about 3/4-inch in diameter, then cut in 3/4-inch lengths.
- Place, ends up, on ungreased baking sheets; press lightly with the bottom of a glass covered with a damp cloth.
- If desired, sprinkle cookies with colored sugar or granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° F. for about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Get Cookin'See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More