- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- colored or granulated sugar, if desired
- Cream butter until light and fluffy; beat in salt, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend in confectioners' sugar then
- sifted flour.
- Chill for about 1 hour, or until dough is easier to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Shape dough into rolls about 3/4-inch in diameter, then cut in 3/4-inch lengths.
- Place, ends up, on ungreased baking sheets; press lightly with the bottom of a glass covered with a damp cloth.
- If desired, sprinkle cookies with colored sugar or granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° F. for about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies