- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- colored or granulated sugar, if desired
- Cream butter until light and fluffy; beat in salt, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend in confectioners' sugar then
- sifted flour.
- Chill for about 1 hour, or until dough is easier to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Shape dough into rolls about 3/4-inch in diameter, then cut in 3/4-inch lengths.
- Place, ends up, on ungreased baking sheets; press lightly with the bottom of a glass covered with a damp cloth.
- If desired, sprinkle cookies with colored sugar or granulated sugar.
- Bake at 400° F. for about 10 minutes.
- Makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More