- Cooking Time: 38 to 42
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 5 to 7
- Vegetable oil spray for misting the pan
- Flour for dusting the pan
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
- 2 cups melted ice cream, your choice of flavor
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 large marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with the rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 38 to 42 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a small rack, then invert it again onto a second rack so that the cake is right side up to complete cooling, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting, or another frosting that would go well with the flavor of the ice cream in the cake. Place the cake on a serving platter and frost the top of the cake with clean, smooth strokes.
- Store this cake in a plastic cake saver or under a class cake dome at room temperature for up to 1 week. Or freeze it, wrapped in foil, for up to 6 months. Thaw the cake overnight on the counter before serving.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
- Makes 1 1/2 cups, enough to frost the top of a Tube cake or Bundt cake.
NotesCake Mix Doctor's Incredible Melted Ice Cream Cake With Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting.
From 'The Cake Mix Doctor' by Anne Byrn (Workman)