- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 22
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThese lovely little biscuits as we call them in Australia are a real old time Favourite and as there name states they are really melting moments and you can't stop at one. they are great to have on hand at anytime and I know you will be asked for the recipe.
These biscuits will keep for up to 2 days stored in an airtight container.
- 5 3/4 ozs butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 2/3 butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, optional
- Using electric beaters beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until light and creamy and the sugar has almost dissolved. Rub a little mixture between your thumb and forefinger. It should be only faintly gritty, if not beat a little longer. Shift the flours into the butter mixture with a flat-bladed knife.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture and place on prepared trays allowing room for spreading.
- Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp. transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- TO MAKE FILLING
- Beat the butter with electric beater until creamy. Gradually add sugar alternatly with milk. Continue beating until mixture is white and fluffy.
- Sandwich the biscuits together with a little filling and jam if you like and dust with confectioners sugar.