- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 22
- Preparation Time: 30
- 5 3/4 ozs butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 2/3 butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar sifted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, optional
- Using electric beaters beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl until light and creamy and the sugar has almost dissolved. Rub a little mixture between your thumb and forefinger. It should be only faintly gritty, if not beat a little longer. Shift the flours into the butter mixture with a flat-bladed knife.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture and place on prepared trays allowing room for spreading.
- Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a fork. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp. transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- TO MAKE FILLING
- Beat the butter with electric beater until creamy. Gradually add sugar alternatly with milk. Continue beating until mixture is white and fluffy.
- Sandwich the biscuits together with a little filling and jam if you like and dust with confectioners sugar.
NotesThese lovely little biscuits as we call them in Australia are a real old time Favourite and as there name states they are really melting moments and you can't stop at one. they are great to have on hand at anytime and I know you will be asked for the recipe.
These biscuits will keep for up to 2 days stored in an airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More