- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250 g butter
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 310 g flour
- grated lemon rind
- raspberry or strawberry jam
- (in the original recipe there's butter cream also, but I prefer them without it)
- Mix the butter with sugar and lemon rind using a wooden spoon (or an electric mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, mix again.
- Add flour (use wooden spoon now).
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper so the biscuits don't stick.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag with a wide star-shaped tip and form full circles and rings (equal number)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350 F) for about 10-15 mins, until slightly golden.
- Let them cool a baking sheet a couple of minutes (they are very soft, and might break if you try to remove them immediately), and then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When all biscuits are baked and cool, join them with jam or Nutella - put a teaspoon of jam or Nutella on the bottom side of the full circle and then a ring on the top.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar (if you want), and hurry to try them, because I assure you - THEY'LL DISAPPEAR BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!
NotesThe most delicious cookies I've ever made or eaten. Try to believe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More