MEME'S AFTER CHURCH STEW
- 1 1/2 lbs lean beef cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp sweet pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots cut in halves lengthwise and crosswise
- 2 medium onions cut in 1/2" slices
- 1-2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 Qt.Stewed tomatoes
Place beef in bottom of crockpot.
Sprinkle with salt, basil,celery salt and pepper.
Top with potatoes,,carrots, onions, and ending with the cabbage.
Pour stewed tomatoes over meat and vegetables, coating all pieces.
Cover tightly and bake 8 hours on low.
Taste & adjust seasonings as needed