- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. walnut oil
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 pears, 1 1/2 lb. total, halved, cored and diced
- 2 cups (12 oz.) red and green seedless grapes in any combination
- 2 green or red apples
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar, walnut oil, olive oil, salt and pepper to form a vinaigrette.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pears, grapes, apples and pecans.
- Add the vinaigrette, toss gently to coat and serve.
NotesMy sister makes this salad often, and it is delicious. I don't know where she got the recipe from, but it is a favorite at family parties.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More