- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was baking for my birthday and I wanted to make a cake I thought I had the recipie for with Daim Chocholate in it (Awaliable at IKEA). I didnt find the recipie so I just made one up myself :) And it turned out so light and delicious! So here it is:
- 4 Eggwhites
- 200g Sugar
- 5 Daim Bars (28g/1oz each)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Litre Whipped Cream
- Fresh Bluberries as desired
- First beat the Eggwhites for 4 minutes, add sugar and beat another 4 minutes. Both times til very stiff. Then add Daim cut in small bites and Baking Powder with a spatula. Divide Dough onto 2 Ovenplates and form 2 round tarts equally big.
- Bake at 150-170°C for upto 1 hour. Good to leave in oven while the oven cools, keeping it closed, so that it dries up completely.
- I baked both plates at the same time although I dont have a fan oven.
- It is very good to put the dough on the plate either covered with baking paper or buttered and flour powdered alu foil. Then it´s no problem to get it off the plate.
- This can be made some days ahead.
- Then 4 to 6 hours before serving or on the day before, whip the cream and put between the layers of the cakes. Leave in refirgerator til served. Also good to just freeze it as it is with the whipped cream and take out 3 hours prior to serving.
- If you like you can put blueberries with the whipped cream between the layers of the cake. I just put them ontop and had some extra to serve with and I decorated the cake with the 6th piece of the Daim, as you buy 3 in each package at IKEA.
- It turned out to be our new discovered favourite, light and fresh thanks to the blueberries and the whipped cream being plain.
- Note it is necessary to have enough whipped cream between layers so that the meringue can soak it up and melt in your mouth!
- Hope you enjoy it as we did. Look forward to comments.