- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 40
- 8 large, thick-skinned oranges
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby mixed greens
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Slice 1/2-inch slice off top of oranges and slice enough off bottom of oranges so they won't roll. Grate 1/4 tsp zest from TOP sliced off an orange.
- Carve pulp out of all oranges (using a grapefruit knife works well [or even a grapefruit spoon with serrated tip might work])
- Section the pulp of four oranges (1-1/2 cups)removing them whole from the membranes; set aside. Juice rest of pulp (1/4 cup); set aside.
- Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on each orange.
- Whisk together reserved orange zest and juice with vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Whisk oil in until combined.
- Toss greens and reserved orange pieces with 2 to 3 Tbsp. dressing. Stuff orange shells with salad; top with pumpkin seeds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More