- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tsp. spicy seasoning mix (see below)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Spicy Seasoning Mix:
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- (Combine all seasoning ingredients. Cover and store in an airtight container. Shake before using to blend well. Makes about 1/3 cup.)
- In 3-quart saucepan, brown ground beef, bell pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
My Family Cookbook
Get Cookin'See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More