- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI made this because I needed to go to the store before supper and I love corn bread and my husband loves it with corn and chilies in it. I used the basics from my recipe book that came with my machine and changed the amounts of ingredients
- 2/3 cup water
- ¾ cup frozen whole corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons can chopped green chilies
- 1 ¼ cups bread flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup cornmeal (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons regular active dry yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon bread machine yeast or
- quick-acting dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread pan in the order listed.
- Select White Bread and crust color desired (I use medium).
- This makes a 1 pound loaf. Remember to start bread early so it will be done when dinner is.