Mexi Quinoa Collard Wrap with Avacado and Chili Con Queso
6 collard green leaves
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
1 cup quinoa, prepared
1/4-1/2 cup "Peaches and Scream" hot sauce by Merfs Condiments
1/4-1/2 cup chili con queso by Let Thy Food
2 tablespoons vegan Taco Seasoning (more or less to taste)
1. Prepare your Quinoa according to package directions (to add some more flavor, you can cook it up with some vegetable stock instead of water).
2. Once it's cooked, go to your pantry to add some flare! For this recipe I used about 2 teaspoons of vegan taco seasoning, but you can add more or less and adjust to your liking.
1. Pit and slice.
1. Cut out the thick middle stem from the leaf, BUT leave the top half of the leaf in one piece (check out the video link towards the top for a visual aid around minute 11:55 of the episode)
2. Lay your leaf flat placing the split facing you. The place where the split ends is where you will be adding your filling.
Wrapping It Up:
1. How much filling you use depends on the size of your leaf, so don't fill it too full or it will be harder to wrap (the measurements used in this recipe were for a medium sized leaf)
2. Start with 2-3 Tablespoons of quinoa, 2 slices of avocado, 2 tablespoons chili con queso, 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce.
3. FOLD the split ends towards each other to cover your filling, overlapping them in the process.
4. Now, fold the ends in to the center and start rolling your wrap away from you while tucking leaf ends in and being careful not to tear the leaf.
*Tasty Tip: Stick toothpicks in each half to secure and then cut wrap in half for a nice presentation. You can see all the delicious ingredients inside the wrap before devouring!
Pairs Well With
This was the "5 Ingredient Challenge" recipe for Episode 8 of The Vegan Roadie in Denver, CO.
This recipe is SUPER simple and an excellent alternative for someone seeking flavor but maybe cutting down on the carbs. It's also completely custimizeable with your favorite ingredients. This dish was inspired by discovering some amazing local Colorado brands like Merfs Condiments who have a knockout "Peaches & Scream" hot sauce that I love! Also, the brand Let Thy Food makes a killer Chili Con Queso that I just had to have as part of the 5IC. Seriously, check these guys out and have fun making this easy and delicious meal!
Show me YOUR creation @theveganroadie on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter. #5IC #kaledit