- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have been making this recipe for years and my family loves it in summer when the corn is at it's best, however it is great any time of year.
- 2 ears sweet white corn, uncooked and cut off cob
- 1/3 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup tomato, diced
- 3 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbs. diced green chili (from 4oz. Can)
- 1 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice (squeeze through strainer)
- 1 Tbs. almond or salad oil (I use canola)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- dash cayenne
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- Blend dressing and pour over salad, toss well to coat all ingredients. Cover bowl then put it in the refrigerator for an hour before serving to blend flavors.