- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ears sweet white corn, uncooked and cut off cob
- 1/3 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup tomato, diced
- 3 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbs. diced green chili (from 4oz. Can)
- 1 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice (squeeze through strainer)
- 1 Tbs. almond or salad oil (I use canola)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- dash cayenne
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- Blend dressing and pour over salad, toss well to coat all ingredients. Cover bowl then put it in the refrigerator for an hour before serving to blend flavors.
NotesI have been making this recipe for years and my family loves it in summer when the corn is at it's best, however it is great any time of year.