- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bread Mix:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz beer
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can whole green chilies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine bread mix ingredient to make bread batter .
- Layer half of batter in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Separate green chilies into strips; lay on batter.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Layer remaining batter on top, spread to cover green chilies and cheese. Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake at 375'F for 45-50 minutes, remove when golden.
- Cool slightly; cut into squares.
NotesHere's a wonderful savory bread that goes well with chili...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More