MEXICAN BEER BREAD
- Bread Mix:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz beer
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can whole green chilies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
Combine bread mix ingredient to make bread batter .
Layer half of batter in greased 9 x 13 pan.
Separate green chilies into strips; lay on batter.
Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Layer remaining batter on top, spread to cover green chilies and cheese. Pour melted butter on top.
Bake at 375'F for 45-50 minutes, remove when golden.
Cool slightly; cut into squares.