- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bread Mix:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz beer
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can whole green chilies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine bread mix ingredient to make bread batter .
- Layer half of batter in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Separate green chilies into strips; lay on batter.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Layer remaining batter on top, spread to cover green chilies and cheese. Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake at 375'F for 45-50 minutes, remove when golden.
- Cool slightly; cut into squares.
NotesHere's a wonderful savory bread that goes well with chili...
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More