- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate -- broken into small pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp real vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seed (best if you grind seed in electric grinder or mortar/pedestal)
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts -- toasted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the butter and chocolate in a microwaveable dish and melt them together on HIGH for a few seconds at a time until the chocolate was melted. Watch closely. Stir well. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Add the sugars.
- Continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Combine the spices and flour in a bowl with a whisk.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gently add the hazelnuts, stirring just until combined. Don't over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into a 9" pan sprayed with non stick baking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool. Serve with homemade vanilla ice cream
NotesThese are really good! The cinnamon and coriander balance out the pepper flavors.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Adventures in Cooking
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More