- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (plain or with chiles)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Grease a 12 x 8-inch casserole dish.
- Mix Bisquick, water and beans. Brown meat and season with taco
- seasoning mix; drain. Layer, beginning with Bisquick mix, then meat,
- next salsa; top with cheese.Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce and tomatoes
- I made this and it is shockingly good!
- I didn't even have a can of refrieds, so I used a can of pintos and mashed them (refrieds are mashed pintos anyway). I also added a 4-oz. can of diced green chiles to the crust. The crust isn't a hard crust, but is very much like a batter. I even used ground turkey instead of beef and that worked fine.
- This is very good! I know it sounds weird with the Bisquick in the bottom layer, but it turns out just fine.
- Endlessly adaptable, too. Put some chopped green onions in one of the layers if you want. Or some chopped olives.
- Go wild! I believe it will serve 6.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Lau Family Recipes
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More