- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package of Lipton Spanish rice
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 10 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 10 oz can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 8 oz package shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 fajita kit (we used Old El Paso)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and drain.
- Add in fajita seasoning according to package instructions.
- In a smaller skillet, saute onion and bell pepper in the tbsp of oil.
- Once caramelized, combine the vegetables with the ground beef.
- Add in drained corn and black beans. Let stand.
- Prepare Spanish rice according to package instructions.
- Combine prepared rice and salsa with ground beef mixture.
- Spray a 13x9 in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line with warmed tortillas cut to fit. Prick tortillas with fork.
- Fill with beef mixture. Spread the fajita sauce on top of mixture sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
NotesThis recipe was born out of necessity. My friend and I were very hungry and very broke. We pulled our resources and came up with this and found it was really tasty! Maybe serve it with a green salad :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More